What is an emergency?
An emergency is something that could not have been foreseen, and which could cause serious damage to the property.
- Severe leaks
- If you smell gas or detect a gas leak call the National Gas Emergency service on 0800 111 999.
- Loss of electrical power or light
- Blockage of your only toilet
- Loss of heating or hot water
- Broken windows or doors following a break-in
If a contractor is called out as an emergency when a repair is not justified, you will be liable for all costs.
Out of hours emergency
If you have an emergency in England when our lettings centre is closed, take the following steps:
Ensure that you are experiencing a true emergency and that the issue cannot be resolved during our lettings centre opening hours. Please remember that if a contractor is called out as an emergency when a repair is not justified, you will be liable for all costs.